lunes, 26 de enero de 2009

CONDITIONALS

CONDITIONALS

If I had lots of money, I’d travel around the world

I’d travel around the world if I had enough money.

· LINKERS

If = SI

As long as = SI, SIEMPRE Y CUANDO (ENFATICO)

Even if = INCLUSO SI, AUNQUE (ENFATICO)

Providing (that) // Provided (that) = SI

Unless = A NO SER QUE, A MENOS QUE = If Not.

· TYPE 0

-- If / when + present simple --, --present simple / imperative--

--Present simple / imperative -- -- If / when + present simple --

If you have a strong argument, they listens.

When you see the others coming, run!

Se utiliza para:

Describir hechos y situaciones que se aceptan como ciertas.

Para dar ordenes. En este caso, el verbo de la proposicion principal está en imperative.

· TYPE 1 (FIRST CONDITIONAL)

--If/unless + present simple--, --will + infinitive --

--Will + infinitive-- --if + present simple--

If you faith doesn’t improve, you’ll have to stay in this island.

You’ll have to stay in this island if your faith doesn’t improve.

Se utilizan para:

Hablar de hechos futuros que son posibles o probables.

Para hacer promesas y advertencies

· TYPE 2 (SECOND CONDITIONAL)

--If + past simple--, --would + infinitive--

--Would + infinitive-- --If + past simple--

If I found a hatch, I would go inside.

I’d go inside if I found a hatch.

Se utiliza para:

Hablar de situaciones hipotéticas de presente y de futuro que son imaginaries e improbables.

¡RECUERDA!

En ingles formal, se utiliza WERE en lugar de WAS tanto en la primera como en la tercera persona del singular.

· TYPE 3 (THIRD CONDITIONAL)

--If + past perfect--, --would have + past participle--

--would have + past participle-- --if + past perfect--

If he had got drunk, I wouldn’t have got in the car with him.

[Had he got drunk, I wouldn’t have got in the car with him]

I’d have forgiven you if you’d told me the truth about Aaron.

Se utiliza para:

Referirse a hechos hipotéticos del pasado, es decir, para hablar de cosas que no sucedieron.