martes, 3 de marzo de 2009

Ejercicio solucionado.

Join the sentences using a relative pronoun

I was sitting on a chair, it suddenly collapsed:

I was sitting on a chair which/that suddenly collapsed.

The man was sitting at his desk. I had come to see him.

The man (who/whom/that) I had come to see was sitting at his desk.

The house is green. I live in that house.

The house where I live is green.

The house (witch/that) I live in is green.

This is a child. His mother works in my office

This is a child whose mother works in my office

The exhibition was not very interesting. My friend took me to see it.

The exhibition (which/that) my friend took me to see was not very interesting.


That is the house. We lived in it in l990.

That is the house where I lived in 1990.

That is the house (which/that) I live in in 1990

The woman was red-haired. Judy saw the woman at the gallery.

The woman (who/that) Judy saw at the gallery was red-haired.

John Ford works at a garage. He looks after Mary's car.

John Ford, who looks after Mary’s car, works at a garage.

The principal demanded to see the students. Their behaviour had been unacceptable.

The principal demanded to see the students whose behaviour had been unacceptable.

I like the restaurant. We went to the restaurant yesterday.

I like the restaurant where we went yesterday.

That's Paula. She wants to leave school this year.

That’s Paula, who wants to leave school this year.

That's the computer. I use that computer to work.

That’s the computer (which) I used to work.

A man answered the phone. He told me you were out.

A man who answered the phone told me you were out.

A man who told me you were out answered the phone.

This is my cousin. Her parents died last year.

This is my cousin whose parents died last year.

Ann is an 'au pair' girl. she works for Mr and Mrs Green.

Ann, who works for a Mr and Mrs Green, is an “au pair” girl.

I am coming up to London by the 12.10 train. It arrives at the station at 13:10.

I am coming up to London by the 12.10 train (definition), which arrives at the station at 13:10.

They had lunch at the Intrepid Fox. Tom usually goes to the Intrepid Fox for lunch.

They had lunch at the Intrepid Fox, where Tom usually goes.

Here it is the ball. We use it to play football.

Here, it is the ball (which) we use to play football.