miércoles, 21 de enero de 2009

EXCERCISES PAGE 32-33 (Grammar)

EXCERCISE 1 PAGE 32

A)

Even if she asks her parents her parents will say no

Lisa won’t be happy unless she can go

Her parents might agree as long as they think she is safe

Providing that they believe her, unless she can go.

If her parents phone Ana, they’ll discover the truth

B)

1.) I’ll feel bad if we don’t tell the truth

I won’t feel good unless we tell the truth.

2.) You’ll understand if you listen carefully.

You’ll understand as long as you listen carefully.

3.) We won’t do it if you don’t think that it’s acceptable

We won’t do it unless you think that it’s acceptable

4.) If you teach our children well, they’ll be honest.

As long as we teach our children well, they’ll be honest.

5.) If you aren’t faithful, I won’t stay with you.

I will stay with you providing that you are faithful.

6.) If I leave now, I’ll be late.

Even if I leave now, I’ll be late.

EXERCISE 2 PAGE 32

A)

1. How would do you feel if Real Madrid won the League? (Hypothetical)

2. How will your teacher feel if you pass all of your exams? (Probable)

3. What would you do if you became invisible? (Hypothetical)

4. Who will you call if you want go out this weekend? (Probable)

5. Where would you go if you went on a dream holiday? (Hypothetical)

6. What people would say if the king of Spain visited your class? (Hypothetical)


EXERCISE 3 PAGE 32

A)

1.) He hadn’t lost/wouldn’t have lost the mach if he played better.

2.) I might not have come/hadn’t come here if I’d known it was dangerous.

3) I haven’t phone/wouldn’t have phoned if I’d known you were asleep.

4.) If he’d been guilty, they would have punished/would punish him.

5.) I might have become rebellious if my parents will be/had been stricter.

6.) If he had studied/would have studied harder, he might have passed.

B)

1.) Sophie went shopping because she needed some food.

Sophie wouldn’t have gone shopping unless she had needed some food.

2.) She found a wallet on the ground and she phoned its owner, Dan.

If she hadn’t found Dan’s Wallet on the ground, she would have never phoned him.

3.) She met Dan and they became friends.

If she hadn’t met Dan, they wouldn’t be friends now.

4.) Sophie and Dan feel in love and became a couple.

Sophie and Dan wouldn’t have become a couple unless they had fallen in love.

5.) They stayed together because they were very happy.

If they hadn’t were happy together, probably they wouldn’t be together now.